duminică, 23 august 2015

REVIEW - Silently Still by Julieanne Lynch


Synopsis:

Everyone is entitled to making their own choices in life, but a decision can make or break you. For Jacinta Kelly, hers came in the form of running away from everything that reminded her of her roots. 

Living in rural Ireland was hard enough, but living with her mother’s mental illness and her obsession with her garden took its toll.

One winter, the world as she knows it changes. Jacinta becomes aware of her own mortality, and how fragile her existence truly is. 

Alone and frightened; to live or die, the choice is hers.

REVIEW:

This was an easy and very fast read but don't get me wrong, this book isn't about happyiness and flowers and unicorns. It's just the writing style that is beautiful and calm and charming, and it gripps you from the first page; and that writing style makes the book a little less sad and grim.

I don't wanna spoil it for you, so I won't talk about the plot or what is going on. I will just say that I enjoyed this, the writing style was so nice and I felt like I was wrapped in a warm and nice smelling blanket. Somehow the writing style brings some light in the darkness of the story, because it's sad and it's about loss and a ton of tears and how people deal with death, with crazyness and the consequences of our actions and the consequences effect of others actions on us. Because maybe we do nothing but whether someone does or suffer then we'll feel it too. And sometimes that is harsher and uglier.

This book is about emotions, beautiful and ugly ones, and real friendship, about love, hate, tears and smiles, about kisses and hugs and hurting yourself and hurting others. It's about others hurting you, hurting them. It's a rollercoaster of feelings and the fact that I got so attached to the characters it left me in the end feeling very tired. But not tired because I fell asleep or something, but because I felt so many things. 

This novel makes you think about the life of the characters and our lives. Because everything that happened in here could happen in real life. In a moment you can feel happy and then sad or someone can feel sane and then go crazy. Someone can smile now and be alive and the next second or day or week or year can be dead. I think this makes you think about life and about living. Because we don't apreciate enough what we have, we don't apreciate the fact that we wake up every day, that we have what we have physically, mentaly, financially etc and we don't apreciate the people that we have. As they are. 

I recommend this one! 

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for letting me read this one! 

0 comentarii: