duminică, 7 iunie 2015

REVIEW - See Her Run by A.K. Leigh


Synopsis:

You can run from everything except your past.

Diana King has moved to Smithfield, North Carolina to start fresh. With a new look, a new address, and a new name, she's hoping to begin a safe, quiet life far from the horrors she's endured.

On the painful road to recovery, Diana begins to think she can move forward … until she meets local farmer, Jonathan Smith, and realizes hisconnection to her previous life. While Jon doesn't recognize her, they both
have an undeniable attraction.

Just when Diana begins to see a hope of happiness, she discovers that herex-husband Russ is on the hunt and will stop at nothing to get her back. 
For Diana holds evidence that could lock him away for life ... 

REVIEW:

I went into this book expecting something contemporary, a bit sad and with a hint of mystery, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting something amazing. But I was wrong!

This book was SO good and well written that I couldn't put it down and I loved so much everything: the plot, the mystery part, the romantic part, the characters, the dialogue. I felt so many emotions while reading this, that now after I finished it I don't know how I should feel.

It's a very fast paced read, full of action and suspense, but also the characters are well developed, and not just the main ones, and the story is so complexe. Somehow I feel like I read it fast but at the same time I feel like I read it for days, because so many things happen. Each chapter is powerful and you can't guess what's going to happen, from where the danger is going to come, how the story is going to finish. 

And I loved it because of that. It's so hard these days to find a well written book that has also great characters, awesome descriptions and plot, with action and mystery elements, but also a nice and strong, but not insta-love, relationship. It's hard. But this one did it and I have nothing negative to say about it.

I loved Diana and Jon so much!

 Diana is stronger that it seems and I really admire her. To be so strong and to survive all these things, to move on and find that inside power, and be able to live. I liked her character and she seemed so real to me. I could feel everything and I really really liked how she changed and how she has grown through the book. 

Also Jon was very nice but also mature. Sometimes childish and funny, otherwise mature and serious. A good mix, a strong man and I really enjoyed hearing his story. Because he hadn't had a pink and bright life too. And I admired him because he moved forward and tried to be better and tried to not remain in the past. 

Plus their relationship is powerful, beautiful, emotional and growing. Because everything happens gradually, nothing is rushed and in the end... is perfect.

I highly highly recommend this book! It doesn't matter if you like romance, contemporary, new adult, adult, thriller or mystery, because it has all of them and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this one and sorry for the late review!

0 comentarii: